Thursday, March 24, 2005

Kudos, this time, for David Brooks

I have certainly not been shy in past blogs about trashing David Brooks when I thought he deserved it, so I shouldn't omit to praise him for showing a bit more of that above-the-partisan-fray spirit that I had been hoping for when he started writing for the Times.
A couple of days ago, he pretty clearly called Tom DeLay (or at least his aides), along with Ralph Reed and Grover Norquist, "sleazo-cons" whose outrageous lobbying scams constitute "sleaze of a high order" that rank with the worst deeds of "Tammany Hall grafters and Chicago ward heelers."
Perhaps I am making Brooks' column sound more uninhibited than it actually is, as much of the above language is directed in particular at lobbyist Jack Abramoff.
But Brooks pretty clearly, as the record justifies, associates Norquist, Reed, and DeLay's people with the Abramoff-style operations. So I would have to say he is coming down pretty hard on these guys, and doing better than William Safire ever did at showing a genuine willingness to call things honestly.
Let's hope it's catching.

7 comments:

Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Hello I am the traffic man, zip, zip, zip. make a new resolution to get a flood of traffic to your website this year. Let me show you how to get FREE traffic to your site. Yes I said FREE, FREE, FREE!!! Don't delay.

To find out more, visit my making money on the internet site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and making money on the internet related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

Anonymous said...

The fact is that the INTERNET is making people RICH! Shouldn't YOU be one of them? Click here: FIND OUT NOW!

Anonymous said...

Debt Settlement
Debt Relief can help you reduce your interest burden by charging an interest rate lower than the rate on your existing loans. Debt consolidation loan can also allow you to make small monthly payments by extending the loan period
http://www.debt-consolidation.com

Anonymous said...

Debt Settlement
Debt Relief can help you reduce your interest burden by charging an interest rate lower than the rate on your existing loans. Debt consolidation loan can also allow you to make small monthly payments by extending the loan period
http://www.debt-consolidation.com

Meg Taylor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a loans florida site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Dear friend, Here is an opportunity for you that is taking over the internet. The compensation plan is second to none. The spill over will blow your mind and the educational products are of the highest quality. Knowledge is power and nobody can ever take that away from you. Join me in this business and see for yourself what you will be getting. Click here: FREE Information

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!! I'm into affiliate marketing network and to drive traffic to my website I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites and blogs. This can see your affiliate commission shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.. Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.