Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Women's tennis at Madison Square Garden

Good exhibition tennis matches in Madison Square Garden last night. Clijsters beat Ivanovic and Venus Williams beat Kuznetsova in close 1-setters, then Venus over Clijsters in a close, back & forth, 3-set final, all viewed by us from pretty good seats. (John McEnroe was there broadcasting, and once we had moved down a bit I wanted to taunt him for having worse seats than ours. Probably just as well that I didn’t.)

But perhaps I’ve been watching too much Project Runway? First I discussed with my kids how Michael Kors might score the outfits, then I suggested a new reality show, "Tim Gunn, Tennis Coach." He'd say stuff like "I really like your inside out forehand, but are you hitting enough backhands down the line? Think about it."

No comments: