Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The glass is 1% empty, not 99% full

Why am I already bemoaning that the summer is just too short? I don't find myself, on December 2, thinking that the winter will be over soon.

Lately it's occurred to me that I could learn from Buddy. As you can see from the picture here, he generally just accepts things as they come (in this case, an upcoming ride in the car). While a bit of a maniac and perpetually food-obsessed like Wile E. Coyote to the nth power, this little fellow is always hopeful, never lets anything get him down, and seems to think at all times that something great is about to happen to him.

Like Paul's uncle in A Hard Day's Night, he's very clean but also a mixer. The family mythology lauds him as the silliest of our cats. But perhaps he ought primarily to be admired, rather than (albeit gently and lovingly) mocked.

No comments: