Monday, August 01, 2011

Obama at the car dealership

"There's one thing you should understand before we start talking price. I need this car, and I know you want to be fair to me. We're both better off if we're both happy afterwards.

"I don't have transport - I sent the cab away, and I didn't bring my cellphone. So I promise you right here and now that, no matter what happens, I am not going to another dealership. Again, I need this car, and I know you want nothing more than a satisfied customer.

"So here's what I'm going to do. The sticker price is $24,995? Great. I am offering you $26,000. That's fair, so there's no need for you to hold out for more. Why bargain when we can go right now and just sign the papers?

"What do you say? Deal?"

3 comments:

'G said...

Two epigrams that fit Obama now:

1) "His ability to compromise is exceeded only by his willingness to do so."

2) "All would have thought him capable of ruling, had he not actually ruled." [Tacitus' description of the Roman Emperor Galba. It's sharper in the original: "Omnium consensu capax imperii, nisi imperasset."]

Daniel Shaviro said...

Thanks, 'G, that's great, especially the quote from Tacitus.

brigadecar said...

Waxing your car is a little arduous task, but because the money you accept invested in your car, you can't just leave it searching like an old rag.

Second Hand Cars in Bangalore