Sunday, October 11, 2015

A new Yogi Berra-ism

On Friday I was at a conference on citizenship and taxation at the University of Michigan Law School. More on this, including my slides, within the next couple of days.

One of the other people at the other conference teaches in South Carolina, and was describing the horrible damage caused there by the storm. Much of the state is underwater, and reservoirs for drinking water have become compromised and temporarily unusable.

Without intending in the slightest to make light of this terrible situation, which has my full sympathy and concern, I couldn't help thinking of what Yogi Berra presumably would have said about this:

"There's no water there - it rained too much."

Anyway, I hope things return to normal there ASAP and with as little lasting damage as possible.

No comments: