Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Upcoming talks

I seem to be accumulating a hefty set of appearances for 2017. They include the following:

1) Thursday, February 23 - The USA Branch of the International Fiscal Association is currently holding its annual meeting, in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. Tomorrow, from 9 to 10 am, I will be speaking on a panel entitled "State Aid: Where Are We?"

2) Friday, March 10 - I'll be speaking on a panel at the annual NYU-KPMG Tax Lecture, held at NYU Law School. As usual, I'll be with the debate group, which this year may look at such issues as current corporate tax reform proposals.

3) Wednesday, April 12 - At Northwestern Law School's Tax Policy Colloquium I'll be discussing my recent paper, "Interrogating the Relationship Between 'Legally Defensible' Tax Planning and Social Justice."

4) Tuesday, May 30 - At Luxembourg University, at a seminar entitled "BEPS, State Aid, and Tax Competition: A Bird's-Eye View Across the Atlantic," I'll be discussing U.S. international tax policy with respect to OECD-BEPS and the EU state aid cases.

5) Thursday, June 1 - At the Nordic Tax Research Council's annual meeting in Haikko Borga, Finland (near Helsinki), I'll be discussing the Ryan Blueprint tax reform plan.

6) Friday, June 2 -  At the European Association of Tax Law Professors' Annual Meeting, in Lodz, Poland, the theme of which is "Corporate Tax Residence and Mobility," I'll be on a panel discussing the future of tax residence. Luckily from a travel standpoint, this one is in the afternoon, whereas the prior one is in the morning.

7) Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - At the Law and Society Association's Annual Meeting in Mexico City, I'll be discussing a chapter from my book on literature and high-end inequality - probably "Why Aren't Things Better Than This? Class Relations Within the Top One Percent in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice."

8 Monday, June 26 - Wednesday, June 28 - This is tentative, but I may attend the 2017 Academic Symposium at Said Business School, Oxford University. Probably as a discussant, rather than as a presenter, if I do indeed go.

That's it for the moment. But in September and October, I'll be spending 3 weeks at NYU Berlin, and teaching an intensive mini-course at Vienna University's Doctoral Program in International Business Taxation on international tax policy. Possible side trips to suitable nearby EU academic institutions.

No comments: