Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bush and hearings on the secret domestic wiretapping

The NY Times says that Bush is "resigned" to hearings, and quotes him as saying:

"There will be a lot of hearings to talk about that, but that's good for democracy. Just so long as the hearings, as they explore whether or not I had the prerogative to make the decision I make, doesn't tell the enemy what we're doing. See, that's the danger.''

I suspect that "tell[ing] the enemy what we're doing" actually means "exploring whether the program was restricted to wiretapping suspected terrorists, as opposed to others of interest to the Administration."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola, First Class!
- http://www.easy-forex-broker.ssr.be - online forex trading course

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my california auto insurance site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my california group health insurance site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!! I'm into buy web site traffic wholesale and to drive traffic to my website I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites and blogs. This can see your affiliate commission shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.. Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.