Friday, December 12, 2008

Reasons to be cheerful

1) I've finally gotten to the end of a huge to-do list that's been hounding me, and frequently growing faster than I could cross things off it, since mid-July. While a new to-do list, possibly a lot worse than the last, is starting to loom and will be having its malign way with me by early January, for the moment I can't or shouldn't do most of those things yet.

2) Expanded 2-CD reissue of Pavement's Brighten the Corners. I got in the mood by spending a few days with the reissue of Wowee Zowee. So far the added material sounds pretty good.

3) Today I was hitting better on the tennis court, and my suspect elbow didn't fall off. My once-reliable forehand, no less than the elbow, has been playing nasty tricks on me lately.

4) Creative gift ideas for certain others, suitably restrained but nonetheless (I hope) thoughtful, have recently occurred to me.

5) I could be in a jury room right now if the case I was picked for hadn't settled.

No comments: