Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another customer review for Getting It

Sorry for the intermittent monomania (if that isn't an oxymoron), but I keep having this feeling that even people who have heard of Getting It, and are reasonably sympathetic to me or amused by my having published it, under-rate (logically, perhaps, given their info and reasonable assumptions, but incorrectly) how enjoyable they'd find it. If I didn't think I had a really good little number on my hands, I certainly wouldn't have published it - why would I need to, and why would I bother unless I believe (and have been told enough times) that it's really good?

Anyway, here's another customer review, again admittedly from someone I've known for a very long time. But this person could very easily have said nothing at all:

"Dear Dan, I just finished reading your novel, which I enjoyed hugely. It is so funny and the tone is pitch-perfect: how come we care about this no-goodnik? but we do; we want him to win. Next, [X]'s turn [to read it], then, [Y]'s. Congratulations! Best to all, [Z]"

No comments: