Thursday, November 03, 2011

TV appearance today?

I'll shortly be leaving my office to give a talk this afternoon at a meeting of the American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, entitled "Can, Should, and Will the Federal Income Tax Be Replaced by a National Consumption Tax?" While my slides are fairly skeletal in proportion to the length and coverage of the talk, I will post them here tomorrow, time permitting.

On the way there, I am stopping by at CNN headquarters for a short interview, a snippet from which may appear this evening on CNN's The Situation Room. The topic will be the newly issued Citizens for Tax Justice report, "Corporate Taxpayers and Corporate Tax Dodgers, 2008-2010."

Just as a preview, I believe that, while one could (and in the right setting should) nitpick and question various aspects of the report's analysis, the bottom line claims are important and have a significant degree of truth.

No comments: