Monday, May 08, 2017

Blast from the past

My kids, who are now each in their third decades (i.e., past age 20), used to be considerably younger than that. As they were dinosaur (and related prehistoric reptile) buffs, and perhaps not the only ones in the family, I adapted the words of "The 12 Nights of Christmas" for them.

Recently the lyric sheet resurfaced in connection with cleaning out old stuff that had been shoved in a closet for many years.  So here goes, taking it from the start of Day 12:

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
12 tyrannosaurs tracking,
11 brachiosaurs browsing,
10 allosaurs ambling,
9 lambeosaurs lowing,
8 herrerasaurs hunting,
7 carnotauruses crashing,
6 liepleurodons lurking,
5 dromeosaurs,
4 triceratops, 3 stegos, 2 dilophosaurs, and a raptor in a fir tree.

Alas, I'm not convinced that the recipient would make it past Day 1.

No comments: