Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Don't make me laugh (or, on second thought, please do)

A reader, picking up on my comparison of DeLay's legal defenses against the money laundering indictment to taxpayers' using sham transactions to circumvent the clear intent of tax rules, brings the following to my attention, from a Washington Post article the other day:

Among the multiple grounds on which DeLay's attorneys have sought dismissal of the indictment is that "the law cover[s] the 'money laundering of funds' such as coins or currency, and ... the money transfers cited in the indictment involved 'checks' that were not 'funds.'

4 comments:

Scott A. Edwards said...

Hello I am the traffic man, zip, zip, zip. make a new resolution to get a flood of traffic to your website this year. Let me show you how to get FREE traffic to your site. Yes I said FREE, FREE, FREE!!! Don't delay.

To find out more, visit my internet marketing center site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and internet marketing center related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

Scott A. Edwards said...

Hi my friends! I'm writing to you because I just came across a business that I think has great potential. It lets you save money on almost everything. Make money from almost everything, Including home loans- plus... help lower your taxes--best of all--it requires absolutely no investment. I thought you might be interested and like to check it out...

Here I have a residual income site/blog. It successfully covers residual income related stuff and almost everything else!

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.

money making said...

Got a couple of ideas based on what i saw on your blog. Thx.

Steve @
http://www.lifeincome.org

Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Dear friend, Here is an opportunity for you that is taking over the internet. The compensation plan is second to none. The spill over will blow your mind and the educational products are of the highest quality. Knowledge is power and nobody can ever take that away from you. Join me in this business and see for yourself what you will be getting. Click here: FREE Information