Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Light posting immediately ahead?

I'm about to leave on an overnight flight to Luxembourg (through Frankfurt), where this Thursday and Friday mornings (at Luxembourg University) I will teach two classes.  The first will be on income taxation / consumption taxation, and the second on tax expenditures/ fiscal language.

Also, on Thursday and Friday evenings I will give / participate in talks, the first concerning capital levy proposals in the EU recently, and the second concerning my international tax book.

I'm also planning to fit tourism / sightseeing into my schedule.  But I may conceivably post concerning public aspects of the various events.  My talk on capital levies is all written out and ready for posting, if I don't conceive of some different and inconsistent use for it.

After that I head to Milan, where on Wednesday of next week I will participate in a one-day conference concerning the OECD's BEPS project.  Then back to NYC, and it's as yet uncertain if I'll be going abroad again before this September.  I am one of those few people who actually likes the summer in New York City, conditioned only on my home AC's working properly.  No outerwear needed, everything is green, fresh fruit in farmer's markets, lots of free time professionally, etc.

No comments: