Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I guess he really is desperate

Today I got a fundraising email from one Donald J. Trump,who says:

"This is the first fundraising email I have ever sent on behalf of my campaign.  That's right.  THE FIRST ONE.

"And I'm going to help make it the most successful first introductory fundraising email in modern political history by personally matching every dollar that comes in WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS, up to $2 million!"

While matching donations is a well-known fund-raising gambit, it's a bit of an odd twist that the donations he says he'll be matching would be to himself.

Are we to assume that Trump WON'T give himself the full $2 million if the targets don't pony up enough?

But on the other hand, should we assume that he WILL have sufficient funds to give himself the full $2 million even if they do?

UPDATE: Talking Points Memo, which has reproduced the email on-line, points out that it doesn't definitively say whether Trump's $2 million match will be a true contribution or a loan.

The fact that the Trump campaign owes Trump $50 million for past loans, and has been paying 20% of its outlays to Trump organizations, is not exactly catnip to the prospective donor.

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com