Monday, June 20, 2016

Tax Notes article on AEI corporate tax reform panel

In today's Tax Notes, Andrew Velarde describes the proceedings at AEI last Friday (I'd post, the link, but presumably it's subscribers only).  He accurately summarizes the main gist of my comments as follows:

"Daniel N. Shaviro of New York University School of Law lauded the plan's move away from its old pure integration model, saying that 'there's a lot to like' in the new plan. He called the annual tax collection and the addressing of debt-equity positions of tax-exempts positive points to the proposal, but he still worried that companies may be discouraged from going public, even with the transition rules, and that the divide between publicly traded and nonpublicly traded companies still remained. Shaviro also expressed some skepticism that corporate tax reform could be accomplished in such sweeping measures.

"Shaviro said that one possible solution would be to address the biggest problems of the U.S. corporate tax system more narrowly, arguing for stronger thin capitalization rules and debt limits, rules on normal versus extra-normal returns, and international tax changes. 'There's a time for a bunt, instead of a grand slam,' he said.

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com