Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Roundtable discussion on corporate inversions

This Thursday, October 23, from 12 to 2 pm at the Fordham School of Law, I will be participating in a roundtable discussion on tax inversions.  Details are available here, and you can register for free on-line.

The other panelists will be David Shakow (a fellow academic, although he is also in practice), John Samuels (from General Electic), Paul Oosterhuis (from Skadden Arps), and Harry Grubert (from the Treasury Department).  These individuals are all aptly described as heavy hitters, with plenty of Washington connections and Treasury or Capital Hill experience in addition to field knowledge.

I might possibly be one of the more pro-government and anti-inversion of the panelists (so far as allowing the deals to have full intended effects is concerned), but I am certainly not doctrinaire, and it's possible that others will say things I'm not expecting.

I'll post something here afterwards, perhaps including a rough version or outline of my remarks.

No comments: