Friday, May 06, 2011

Off to Singapore

Tomorrow I am flying to Singapore, where I will be teaching a class (U.S. Personal and Business Income Tax Law), in the NYU @ NUS program at the National University of Singapore, over the 2-week period from May 10 through May 20. 3-1/4 hours per day over 8 days - definitely a grueling journey for faculty and students alike. The readings will include greatest hits from the Tax I casebook of which I'm a co-author (with Klein, Bankman, and Stark), as well as selections from Decoding the U.S. Corporate Tax and my book in progress on U.S. international taxation. We'll also read materials on tax shelters (including some famous U.S. cases) and, if we have time on the last day, discuss fundamental tax reform from a U.S. perspective.

As on my prior two visits to teach at NYU @ NUS, I'm looking forward to meeting the students, as well as to sampling Singapore's great food (such as from street hawkers and at Zam Zam on Arab Street in Little India).

No comments: