Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Progress on literature book

I've just sent the publisher final revisions to my submitted manuscript on literature and high-end inequality. The book's projected publication date is April 1, 2020, or just over 5 months from now.

The current working title, which could change again, is Literature and Inequality: Nine Perspectives from the Age of Napoleon Through the First Gilded Age.

An earlier draft was 110,000 words. It's now down to less than 92,000 words. I think a key reason that it was previously longer was that my writing in what was a new area for me caused me initially to be a bit too prolix, just as early-career academics can sometimes be. I feel that I've been able to add discipline and focus. And there are certainly, at a minimum, some well-written bits, if I do say so myself.

I really had to teach myself a new genre in doing this, without much in the way of role models. And at some point I'll have to ask myself the question: Do I now do this again by writing Part 2? (1920s through the present.) It's hard to imagine now feeling sufficiently motivated, as it wouldn't be an easy project to plan, research, and write. But never say never.

My current next project, other than finalizing my recently posted draft on digital services taxes et al, is to write a short (50,000 to 60,000 word) sequel to my earlier book on international tax policy. I think there's room for and a point to writing such a book, and it's also way easier than writing a literature book sequel. It would also probably have a higher floor, albeit a lower ceiling, on public success than writing a literature book sequel.

Sufficient public success of the literature book would certainly push me towards greater likelihood of writing its sequel. But I know from this biz (and from books by friends that have fallen short commercially of meeting their perhaps too-high hopes and expectations) that breaking through isn't easy.

8 comments:

PLUGGERS said...

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF FALSE HACKERS, BANK LOAN & BINARY AUCTION/OPTIONS SCAM⁉️

We have been having recent complains from individuals about how they lost money to SPAMMERS who call themselves HACKERS or BANK LOAN OFFERS. They are all over the internet sharing false testimonies. Please do not fall for their lies for this is just a way to LURE you to them.

They say lies in the likes of -:
▪️Bitcoin Auction/Options ▪️Western Union Hack
▪️Blank Credit Card ▪️Clearing Criminal Records
▪️Loan Offers. ▪️Bank Account Loading
▪️Changing University Grades & so on.
These are all lies and you shouldn’t fall for them.

🏵 PLUGGERS🏵 is here to help you Recover all your Money that you have been Ripped of.
WHO ARE PLUGGERS⁉️
We are a group of Computer Experts who are memebers of the “HACKERONE” Forum. We have dedicated ourselves to help Victims of these SCAM(s) recover all the Money that has been taken falsely from them.

If you have been a victim of these Thieves, then you need to contact us as soon as possible so you can get your money back.
Email-: globalpluggers@gmail.com
No. +1 (808) 600 0773 ( Number also available on WhatsApp)

Note:
Please know that we do not charge you for Fund Recovery Service, Our Funds Recovery Service is to help and so it’s Free.

We also provide Legit Hacking Services such as-:
🔸Phone Hacking/Cloning
🔸Email Hacking & Password Recovery
🔸Social Media Hacking & Passowrd Recovery
🔸Deleted Files Recovery 🔸Mobil Tracking
🔸Virus detection & Elimination.

Contact-:
Email globalpluggers@gmail.com
No. +1 (808) 600 0773 (number also available on WhatsApp)

sneha said...

Hey,
I noticed your Article and read it. I just loved it.
I have one that just got published, you can go through the topic. You can check it out here:
infertility centers in hyderabad.
If you like it feel free and share it.
Cheers,
Sneha

Riajengenelen said...

Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..

Anonymous said...

Are you interested in any kinds of hacking services?
Feel free to contact TECHNECHHACKS.

For years now we’ve helped so many organizations and companies in hacking services.
TECHNECHHACKS is a team of certified hackers that has their own specialty and they are five star rated hackers.

We give out jobs to hackers (gurus only) to those willing to work, with or without a degree, to speed up the availability of time given to jobs!!

Thus an online binary decoding exam will be set for those who needs employment under the teams establishment.


we deal with the total functioning of sites like,


• SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)

• SCHOOL GRADES

• IOS/OS

• CREDIT SCORES

• BANK ACCOUNTS

• SPOUSES PHONE

Our special agents are five star rated agents that specializes in the following, and will specially be assigned to you for a special job well DONE.

• WESTERN UNION TRANSFER

• CREDIT CARDS INSTALLATION

• MONEY FLIPPING

• CRIMINAL RECORDS

• BTC RECOVERY

• BTC MINING

• BTC INVESTMENT

Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.

I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.

PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!



And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!



We’re always available for you when you need help.

Contact or write us on:

Technechhacks@gmail.com

SIGNED....!

Jason. W

TECHNECHHACKS
2021©️All Right Reserved

Dim4ksan said...

As you can see, it is not as tough as you believe to become a well paid chemical freelancer https://onlinefreelancejobs.net/chemistry-job/ You may join our writing team in a few simple steps, have access to the entire selection of tasks that are accessible and choose those you like. Our fundamental criteria include English competence, the capacity to create chemical projects, taking academic writing norms into mind, and excellent communication skills along with prompt placements for orders. If you have all these features, you may simply take advantage of our registration processes and the benefits of working as a freelancer.

Unknown said...

I don’t care what you all think, but Everyone make Mistakes .
I Invested my savings and lost my Wallet and Crypto, I was drowning in sadness until I got to work with this Professional hacker, MR KEL CHAMBERS.
Following all Financial Protocol,
KEL CHAMBERS did a great job, He recovered my wallet, got my Bitcoin and Ethereum coins worth over $52k, I was overwhelmed!.
I'll recommend BARNESHACK INTEL to Everyone that would act Fast to correct their Mistakes.
CONTACT:
Email-: barneshack9@gmail.com OR kelchambers60@gmail.com
Cell number-: +1 (502) 482-3528

Paras Rastogi said...

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable.know more on Bank Account Online

hibaclinic said...

nice post..Best Gynecologist In Tirunelveli
Best Hospital In Tirunelveli
Gynecologist Near Me